This event was part of the CONNECT University Summer School 2021 on Digital for our Planet that aimed to present cutting-edge innovations addressing how can digital technologies be harnessed to tackle climate change, both in terms of a greener digital system, as well as their role in helping reduce carbon emissions across industries.
- Max Lemke, Head of IoT unit, DG CONNECT, European Commission
- Dusan Chrenek, Principal Advisor, DG CLIMA
- Cristina Bueti, Counsellor, ITU
- Sébastien Ziegler, Founder and Director general of Mandat International
- Marina Ponti, Director of the UN SDG Action Campaign & Xavier Longan, Deputy Director and Lead for Partnerships and Operations at the UN SDG Action Campaign
- Dorothee D’Herde, Head of Sustainable business, Vodafone Group
- Andrea Renda, Head of Global Governance, Regulation, Innovation & Digital Economy, Centre for European Policy Studies
- Xavier Longan, Lead for Partnerships and Operations in the UN SDG Action Campaign
NAIADES also participated in the event and had the chance to present the IAM4SDGs methodology developed by Mandat International within the scope of the project. The methodology aims at providing a user-friendly and easily implementable methodology and tool to align smart water management projects and pilots with the SDGs.